Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Timothy Gruber. I currently live and work in the San Diego, California area. I have a wonderful wife and two children who all, thankfully, put up with my demands of being an involved IT professional.
I have been working in IT for nearly two decades, with more than half of it in enterprise, some in government, media, and manufacturing. I have been actively interested in computers and building them since my age could be counted on two hands!
My current areas of focus are in public and private cloud engineering and architecture, heavily into automation via Azure serverless technologies such as Function Apps, Runbooks, Logic Apps, PowerShell, and DevOps… as well as a focus on Infrastructure as Code and security. I’m also working with datacenter and server technologies such as virtualization, storage, high-availability (failover clustering), System Center, data protection, and security… as well as supporting technologies such as PKI, SCEP, Federation, RMS, Active Directory/Group Policy, Dell & Lenovo systems, and monitoring.
I also support and enjoy supporting other virtualization environments like VMWare and Linux environments such as CentOS and Ubuntu mostly.
My interests aren’t just a mile wide, they are also a mile deep.
I currently hold the following certifications and credentials:
- (MCSE) Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Charter)
- (MCSE) Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert | Server Infrastructure (Windows Server 2012)
- (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate | Windows Server 2012
- (MCSE) Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate | Windows Server 2008
- (MCITP) Microsoft Certified IT Professional | Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist | Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
- (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist | Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
- (MCP) Microsoft Certified Professional
- (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA A+
- ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management
- (CSM) SCRUM Alliance Certified SCRUM Master
and have undergone some great training over the past 2 years to continuously improve and develop my skillset:
- Azure Administrator Course (AZ-104) / CloudSkills.io – 12 Hours
- Azure DevOps Certification Bootcamp (AZ-400) / CloudSkills.io – 8 Weeks
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Course / Udemy – 84 Hours
- Azure Administrator Course (AZ-103) / Scott Duffy – 8.5 Hours
- PowerShell Masterclass with Jeffery Hicks / Cornerstone – 40 Hours
My blog will fill up to include content of all product flavors, including Microsoft, Dell, HP, Linux, VMWare, Starwind, Veeam and Apple just to name a few. If I express a pro-opinion or negative opinion about a certain feature or product, it’s because I really feel that way. I’m not paid by any vendor in any way for any content on my blog. I also both disagree and agree equally with each vendor on some things here and there. I like the saying: “You don’t have to like everything on the menu to like the restaurant.”
If you want to contact me, you can do so through the LinkedIn or Twitter links to the side. I am available for the occasional quick question. If you want to use content from my blog for your own purposes, please ask first.