Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Timothy Gruber. I currently live and work in the San Diego, California area. I have a wonderful wife and two children who all, thankfully, put up with my demands of being an involved IT professional.
I have been working in IT for over a decade, with more than half of it in enterprise, and some in government. I have been actively interested in computers and building them since my age could be counted on two hands!
My current areas of focus are on Private Cloud / Datacenter and Windows Server technologies such as Virtualization (Hyper-V), Azure, Storage, High-Availability (Failover Clustering), System Center, Data Protection, and Security… as well as supporting technologies such as PKI, Federation, RMS, Active Directory/Group Policy, Dell Systems, and monitoring.
I also support and enjoy supporting other virtualization environments like VMWare and Linux environments such as CentOS and Ubuntu mostly.
My interests aren’t just a mile wide, they are also a mile deep.
I currently hold the following certifications and credentials:
- (MCSE) Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Charter)
- (MCSE) Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert | Server Infrastructure (Windows Server 2012)
- (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate | Windows Server 2012
- (MCSE) Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate | Windows Server 2008
- (MCITP) Microsoft Certified IT Professional | Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist | Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
- (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist | Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
- (MCP) Microsoft Certified Professional
- (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA A+
My blog will fill up to include content of all product flavors, including Microsoft, Dell, HP, Linux, VMWare, Starwind, Veeam and Apple just to name a few. If I express a pro-opinion or negative opinion about a certain feature or product, it’s because I really feel that way. I’m not paid by any vendor in any way for any content on my blog. I also both disagree and agree equally with each vendor on some things here and there. I like the saying: “You don’t have to like everything on the menu to like the restaurant.”
If you want to contact me, you can do so by clicking the Contact Me link. I am available for the occasional quick question. If you want to use content from my blog for your own purposes, please ask first.